By Adhyayan Academy, Siliguri (The Most Trustworthy Institute for WBCS, CGL, WBPSC Miscellaneous and other Examinations- We offer both online and offline classes)
- November 28: Red Planet day. On this day, in 1964, one of the most significant space missions in the human history took place. After the previously unsuccessful attempts, the Spacecraft Mariner 4 became the first successful flyby of Mars. It was discovered that Mars is red due the present of Iron Oxide in its atmosphere.
- The Yogi Adityanath led Uttar Pradesh government declares November 25 as ‘No no-veg day’ on the occasion of the birth anniversary of Sadhu TL Vaswani.
- Sadhu TL Vaswani, born in November 25, 1879 in a Sindhi family, is an educationist who started the Mira movement and raised his voice for the education and liberation of women.
- November 25 is also recognised as International Meatless Day.
- International Booker Prize 2023:
- Winner: Irish author Paul Lynch for his book “Prophet Song”.
- Runner-up: Lonon based– Indian origin author Chetna Maroo’s “Western Lane”
- Lynch received this trophy from the hand of the Sri Lankan auithor Shehan Karunatilaka, the winner of the last year’s booker prize for “The Seven Moons of Maali Almeida”
- Booker Prize is awarded to the best novel of fiction written in English and published in the UK and Ireland. Founded in the UK in 1969, it was initially awarded to Commonwealth writers and now spans the globe and it is open to anyone regardless of origin. The winner receives an amount of 50,000 Euros as prize money.
- Gujarat Titans named Subhman Gill as their captain ahead of IPL 2024 season after their former captain Hardik Pandya was traded back to Mumbai Indians.
- Anish Bhanwala becomes the first Indian shooter to a meda (bronze)l in 25m Rapid Fire Pistol at ISSF World Cup Final 2023 in Doha, Qatar.
- It was the first medal for India in the men’s 25m Rapid Fire Pistol event in the ISSF World Cup history. ISSF world cup is being held for rifle, pistol and shotgun shooters.
- Max Verstappen OF Red Bull wins his record extending 19th win this season after acing the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix beating Charles Lecrec of Ferrari in F1.
- India’s largest Tiger Reserve to be set up in Damoh of Madhyapradesh. The central govt. has taken the proposal to merge the Nauradehi Wildlife Sanctuary and Rani Durgavati Wildlife Sanctuary in the Damoh district. The total tiger population in the concerned state is 16.
- Bannerghata Sloth Bear Rescue Centre – world’s second largest sloth bear rescue – completes 18 years of operation in Karnataka. It is home of over 60 sloth bears majority of them being rescued from the cruel ‘dancing bear’ tradition.
- National Hydro-electric Power Corporation (NHPC) – a Miniratna 1– has secured the second prize in the ‘Annual Report’ category at the PRSI National Awards 2023. International Public Relations Festival hosted by the Public Relations Society of India (PRSI) was held in New Delhi.
- NHPC: Estd- 1975 (a public sector company), HQ- Faridabad, Haryana.
Ownership- Ministry of Power, GoI.
Chairman and MD – Rajeev Kumar Vishnoi.
The Govt of India and the state governments collectively hold 74.51% of the company’s shares as promoters.
- Rural Electrification Corporation Limited (REC) receives ‘Best Employer in Diversity & Inclusion’ award by ASSOCHAM.
- REC Ltd under ministry of power is recognised as a Maharatna Category CPSE.
- Last month REC won ‘Golden Peacock Award’ in recognition of its performance in risk management.
- Also REC was awarded the ‘Best Central PSU ‘ award in the Financial Services category at the Dun & Bradstreet PSU Awards 2023.
- ASSOCHAM: Associated Chambers of Commerce and Industry is currently headed by Ajay Singh.
- ASSOCHAM: Estd. 1920. HQ: New Delhi.
- Union Minister Hardeep Singh Puri inaugurated Varanasi’s second floating Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) mobile refuelling unit (MRU) station at Ravidas Ghat.
- Previously a CNG MRU was set up at the Namo Ghat.
- Both the Ravidas Ghat and Namo Ghat CNG MRUs were developed by GAIL India Limited, a maharatna PSU under the ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas.
- In a significant move towards energy sustainability, the Indian Government has announced a phased production plan of blending Compressed Biogas with Natural Gas to reduce Natural Gas imports and Achieve Net Zero carbon emission.
- Phase 1: Introduction of Biogas Blending (April 2025)
- Phase 2: Scaling Up of Blending (2028)
- National Biofuels Coordination Committee (NBCC) gave its nod to mandatory blending of CBG with CNG for transportation and Piped Natural Gas (PNG) for households starting 2025-26.
- Biogas is an energy rich gas produced by anaerobic decomposition of biomass . It is produced from sources like agricultural residue, cattle dung, sugarcane press mud, municipal solid waste, and sewage treatment plant waste among others. India is a major consumer of Natural Gas and depends on imports to meet around half of its requirements.
- In October 2018, the government has launched the Sustainable Alternative Towards Affordable Transportation (SATAT) scheme with an aim of establishing 5000 CNG plants that will produce 15 million tonnes of CBG.
- Union Minister Dharmendra Pradhan has inaugurated the Odisha Research Centre at Bhubaneswar that will research art, culture , archaeology, tradition and literature etc. of the state.
- The Government has decided to rename the Ayushman Bharat Health and Wellness Centres as “Ayushman Arogya Mandir” that will bear the tagline ‘Arogyam Pranam Dhanam’.
- The Ayushman Bharat Health and Wellness Centres are a part of the government of India’s flagship programme, “Ayushman Bharat”, that aims for universal health coverage and echoes the UN’s health SDG of “leave no one behing”.
- Chattrapati Shahuji Maharaja University (CSMUJ) in Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh has achieved a significant milestone by securing the Highest NAAC (National Assessment and Accreditation Council) grade of A++.
- President Draupadi Murmu has inaugurated the statue of Dr. B.R. Ambedkar in Supreme court on Constitution Day.
- The official mascot of Khelo India Para Games 2023 is ‘Ujjwala’, represented by a sparrow.
Here is the link to download Adhyayan Academy App to get courses on WBCS, SSC CGL and different WBPSC Courses.